The most vicious cyber threats that are giving global cybersecurity teams sleepless nights include the following.
- Phishing attacks
- Spear phishing scams
- Malware attacks
- Virus attacks
Needless to say, most companies lose their assets at the hands of one or more of the above-listed threats only. However, there are ways to fix all kinds of software vulnerabilities to mitigate the risk of a security breach. Interested to learn about some such effective data security measure? Read below!
- Bug Removal
Bug festering and exploitation is one of the biggest security concerns. It is because a bug is a leading flaw that hackers use to launch a malware attack on a company. Once the system gets corrupted with malware, hackers gain the sole authority of the system, forcing a ransom in exchange for transferring the security rights. Therefore, always keep the software you use bug-free. The 3 easy ways to do so are given below.
- Install new software updates
- Uninstall obsolete software and files
- Use network and system testing tools and services to locate and remove harmful hidden bugs
- Password Production
After you make sure that the software remains bug-free, switch focus towards password production and management.
- Password protect the DVR and all the other mobile devices
- Password protect the wifi and the router network
- Do not use a default or old password for any device
- Provide each device with an independent password
- Each password should be unique and a minimum of 20 characters long
- Don’t share the confidential password information with anyone
- Security Tools
Antivirus and firewall are the 2 security tools being talked about. Antivirus can identify malicious phishing links alongside viruses and malware attachments. The firewall helps in keeping the device information safe from hackers until it remains unbreached.
- Ethical Hackers
Ethical hackers are the protagonists in cybersecurity since they can minimize the opportunities that unethical hackers feed upon. It means, they can eliminate software vulnerabilities. You can find them in the following 2 ways.
- Start a bug bounty program
- Contact a cybersecurity company like hikvision to offer assistance for hiring an ethical hacker
- DVR Protection
A strong DVR backdoor password is something that you mustn’t miss out on. Also, make sure to use a multi-step authentication procedure to magnify the security of the DVR
- Instruct The Staff
Teach staff members a few tips to identify phishing emails.
- Checking the ID from which any suspicious email arrives. It helps in confirming whether or not the email ID belongs to a client
- Checking the entire URL to find out where will you be redirected
Other than teaching the staff these 2 tips, educate them about the dangers of toying with unidentified email sources and flagged attachments.