Since you are your business, it is very important to take great care of yourself when you are stressed.
Most of us think we just need to work harder but we also need lots of emotionally nurturing activities so we can keep going. Being an entrepreneur is a marathon, not a sprint! Here are some ideas for relieving stress and taking care of yourself so you can take care of your business.
1. Consider joining a entrepreneurs’ support group. These groups encourage the exchange of ideas in a friendly, noncompetitive setting. You will find creative solutions and the positive energy you need.
2. Limit your “intake” of negative news. News is everywhere today – TV, radio, the internet. Too much of it can be toxic for you. Limit your exposure.
3. Ask people you spend time around to not talk about the negative. Misery does love company but you don’t have be part of it.
4. Focus on what is truly important to you and the great gifts you have in your life. Whatever you focus on expands and your energy will grow as your gratitude does.
5. Do something for someone else. What you will get back will be priceless.
6. Use your creativity to plan fun or free treats for yourself. A walk to collect leaves, a bubble bath, reading a good library book, or sharing good times with a friend. Nowadays it’s so easy to reach out to people – E-mail, Facebook, Twitter – take advantage of every opportunity to connect and reinforce the positive relationships in your life.
Leave a Reply